Acceptable Use Policy
- Customer shall not, nor permit or assist others, to abuse or fraudulently use NAS Network and Services.
- (Where applicable in shared access facilities) Customer’s Use of Service must not interfere with the work of other Network Customers.
- Customer’s Use of Service must not interfere or disrupt the Company’s Network Services.
- Customer’s Use of Service must not be in contravention of Canadian or International Laws.
- Customer’s Use of Service must not be in contravention of the general etiquette; spirit or intent of the Internet as such is made known to the General Public from time to time.
- The Customer while using the Internet, will respect the privacy of others on the Internet, and will not operate in a manner considered being obscene and/or obtrusive.
- The Customer shall assume the responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of access codes or passwords supplied by the Company for use in connection with Services.
- The Customer shall not send or cause to be sent Unsolicited Commercial Email (spam) to other Internet users. The Customer agrees to pay the Company five dollars ($5.00) per complaint email received (the Spam Penalty) as a result of any spam sent to the maximum of $250.00 per month except where such spam is the result of malicious code (virus spy ware, etc.) unknowingly operating on the Customer’s computer(s).
- The Company reserves the right to inspect all files that reside on the Company’s equipment.
- The Company’s Service is for the customer use only.