• Microsoft: Abnormal log in activity on Microsoft account
• Chase: Stimulus Funds
• HR: Company Policy Notification: COVID-19 – Test & Trace Guidelines
• Zoom: Restriction Notice Alert
• Jira: [JIRA] A task was assigned to you
• HR: Vacation Policy Update
• Ring: Karen has shared a Ring Video with you
• Workplace: [[company_name]] invited you to use Workplace
• IT: ATTENTION: Security Violation
• Earn money working from home
Here again we see subjects related to the Coronavirus and working from home. Cybercriminals are preying on heightened stress, distraction, urgency, curiosity, and fear in users. These types of attacks are effective because they cause a person to react before thinking logically about the legitimacy of the email.
As high as 30% of untrained staff have proven to fall prey to these phishing emails in our security awareness audits.
Ready to do something about it?
Reach out to our team and we’ll arrange a free Security Awareness Audit to put together a training plan for your team. Education and training is less costly than you might think, and not as intrusive on your team where the benefits far outweigh the efforts. Call us at 905-524-2001 or email at email@example.com to get started.